January 18, 2010

Leisure Decree: Conan Forever!

Since late night TV is a pretty big aspect of the leisure life style, I guess I should write a blog about all this late night hullabaloo. Being a 23-year-old male it should come as no surprise that I'm on Team Conan. I've been a fan of the man since about 6th grade when I could only watch on Friday nights, so he's been part of my life for quite a while. So I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon here, I have some emotional attachment to the silly red head. I was there for Andy's (1st) last show, I was there for the first "Year 2000", I was there when Triumph visited the Star Wars lines, I was there for every "Arnold" appearance, and I was there every time Joel brought Asian hookers into the announcer booth. So hopefully some corporate TV market researcher will find this blog post and I'll be added to the growing "Conan is freakin' awesome" data, and that will be how I support Coco. Now I don't really want to talk about how retarded, underhanded, and disrespectful the NBC execs are being towards Conan and the legacy of The Tonight Show, or what an unfunny asshole Jay Leno is. I just wanna take time to reflect on some of my favorite Conan moments, a man who has brought much laughter to my life, because in the end Conan is going to be just fine and the end result of this whole debacle is that we will be watching him on another network and the integrity of late night's most respected show will be forever tarnished. So without further ado here's some funny videos...for reflection...

Speaking of Triumph at Star Wars...remember his first visit to The Clone Wars line, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen...on Late Night or anywhere...



Here's some classic year 2000 with Duchovny...



And a message from Max Weinberg...



Remember when Conan hosted the Emmys...that was pretty cool...



I love Andy, but Joel was a great announcer...too bad this is the only Joel video I could find...just look at that excited face!



A classic Conan monologue:



...and remember when Andy had an awesome sitcom that Conan took his shirt off on and then some stupid execs canceled it...



Conan has been a supporter of my favorite band since the beginning! Their first U.S. TV appearance was on his show.



and finally here are some classic Conan clips for your pleasure. Thank you so much Conan for being awesome! Keep doing a great job, I know I will be watching you for years and years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment