August 11, 2011

Restart of the King!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce the triumphant return of The Leisure King! Welcome to Leisure King V. 2.0!! It’s good to be back.

Last you heard from me was a little over a year ago when I was complaining about not being able to attend Comic-Con all 4 days because of my demanding TV job. So allow me to get you up to speed. Firstly, I didn’t get to go to Comic-Con at all this year because of how impossible they made it to get tickets (No reward for 10 year member loyalty eh?), but that’s ok. I don’t want them, if they don’t want me. Secondly, after working a couple years in the stressful and frustrating Hollywood world, I decided that it was not how I wanted to spend my life. Besides, I worked with the greatest crew in TV history anyway (Smallville Season 10, WHAT WHAT!!), so where can you go from there? As the TV season came to an end, I applied for grad school and here I am, 2 weeks from starting a 2 year academic adventure with a Master’s of Science of Recreation and Tourism Management the goal. Turns out I am not as passionate about making TV as I am watching it. What I AM passionate about though is improving quality of life for all by promoting the importance of leisure, recreation, play, and travel! And one of the easiest ways I can do that is by blogging about all things leisure related for whoever is interested. My hope is that Leisure King 2.0 improves on its original incarnation with more frequent and diverse posts to create a true Internet leisure kingdom. Here you will find reviews of attractions, lodgings, and restaurants, musings on the leisure world, the latest leisure news, travel deals, and a cornucopia of anything else that I decree worthy of posting in my leisure realm. I have started by creating a brand spanking new "Links" section full of fantastic resources for enhancing your leisure experience. Check it out on the right hand side of the page. If you have any suggestions for great links that I have not listed yet, please let me know. New posts and updates coming soon!! Please, enjoy my blog...but only at your leisure.



**“Restart of the King” is the title of the final episode of the hilarious web series The Legend of Neil (a parody of The Legend of Zelda) created by Sandeep Parikh. I don’t want to take credit for that title, but I do want to support awesome people making cool things off the mainstream grid. You should watch it. …also I worked on it, pre-Smallville.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back to blogging! Can't wait to read your updates :)

    ReplyDelete